BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday

7. Debate Reflection:

I feel like I was successfully able to persuade my audience into being for sex reassignment. This debate was quite fun and difficult to do, because I have always been against the procedure. But, after researching the topic, I have learned that there are some people out their who need the surgery, such as babies who were born as transsexuals or people with the GID disorder. In all, I feel that the debate went pretty well, I talked for about 3 minutes, and the class seemed pretty engaged. I enjoyed rebutting, because I was able to say somethings that would prove my opponent, tin wrong. Although, tin did make some interesting points like the fact that the surgery has many hazards, but I countered this by saying that all surgeries have certain risks. He also mentioned that some people who get the surgery are usually not accepted in society, but I believe that in the end it is your own opinion, and your friends and family opinion that matters most. After completing this debate I was able to form my own opinion about the topic, and as it stands, I am neither for or against the procedure.

0 comments: